I believe most of you reading this want God’s Spirit to surprise and even interrupt your daily routine. God can and does certainly do that on occasion but what He’s really after is for you to awaken to the blissful truth that His presence saturates every aspect and moment of your daily routine. Let me explain…
I had a message all prepared leading up to last Saturday’s worship service for our Blazing Fire family. Apparently, God had other plans. At about 4:30 am last Saturday, somewhere in my deep sleep gratitude began bubbling up, first as a thought, then mouthed by my lips in a sleepy whisper…
“Thank you Holy Spirit that you have been poured out! You HAVE been. All has been done. Thank you!”
At this point, I’m still mostly asleep, but a slight smile is forming and I think I’ll be going right back asleep. Instead, I woke up a bit more from this deep sleep when an old Vineyard song began running through my mind and then across my lips in a whisper:
Let the poor man say I am rich in Him
Let the lost man say I am found in Him
Let the blind man say I can see again
Let the dead man say I am born again
Let the River flow
Let the River flow
Let the River flow, let the River flow
Holy Spirit come, move in power
Let the River flow
I am not an early morning riser, but this invitation from the Lord was much too good to pass up. I went out to our living room and spent the next two hours drinking in and reveling in the simple truth that all has been done, that I am already 100% in the River of God’s presence, I am already 100% under the waterfall of his goodness and grace. Many times during those two hours I put my arms out wide, rolled my head back to receive and just laughed.
I said to God, “We, your people, get fixated on the question: ‘What’s the thing we need to do to see heaven break out?’”
Clear as day I hear His response: “The ‘thing’ is that there is no thing!!”
The thing is that there is NO thing we have to do so that revival breaks out or an outpouring comes! God is not waiting on anything. We are. I’ve heard this preached before many years past, but suddenly the truth of the Father rang crystal clear that we are the ones putting conditions on ourselves that He has never placed on us! God isn’t ‘about’ to, God IS! He is the I AM!
Then He reminded me of Hebrews 4:7, thatTODAY is the day we enter His rest! As in…right now! You’re not waiting for another moment. You have his fulness now. This is that moment! And now this moment is that moment. And now this one…
This awareness will change everything you do during the routine of your day. I have been saying multiple times a day, “I’m in Your River as I’m doing this.”
It’s so simple that we miss it. Let’s not miss it today! Today is the day!
If you didn’t get a chance to participate in Saturday night’s service, it was a special one. You can watch it here and still participate!
Comments
Post a Comment